The compute module now uses the BCM2837B0 chip and 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM.
Unlike the previous generation, there are now 4 variants:
- Lite (storage via SD card)
- 8GB eMMC Flash Storage
- 16GB eMMC Flash Storage
- 32GB eMMC Flash Storage
All Compute Modules now run at 1.2GHz. The board fits into a DDR2 SODIMM connect - which is used for your laptop's memory. This doesn't mean you can stick the compute module into your laptop but it does mean setting up the compute within a custom system should be relatively easy.
The Compute Module 3 contains the following components within a 200 pin SODIMM design:
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 64-bit Soc @ 1.2GHz
- Memory: All boards come with 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- Storage: CM3+/8GB (8GB eMMC Memory), CM3+/16GB (16GB eMMC Memory), CM3+/32GB (32GB eMMC Memory)
- Multimedia: H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30), H.264 encode (1080p30), OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- SD card support: The CM3+/Lite brings the SD card interface to the module pins so a user can connect this to an eMMC or SD card of their choice
- Environment: Operating temperature, -20 to +70 degrees C
- Operating system: NOOBS_3_0_0 (released 16 November 2018) or later
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi CM3+ will remain in production until at least January 2024
Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ Lite
We have 1 units in our Sydney Warehouse available for immediate dispatch.
We can get a further 98 units in Australia from pi-aus. If you order today, we can dispatch this stock between Jan 28, 2021 - Jan 30, 2021.