Program your own Raspberry Pi projects!
An updated guide to programming your own Raspberry Pi projects. Learn to create inventive programs and fun games on your powerful Raspberry Pi--with no programming experience required. This practical book has been revised to fully cover the new Raspberry Pi 2, including upgrades to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to configure hardware and software, write Python scripts, create user-friendly GUIs, and control external electronics. DIY projects include a hangman game, RGB LED controller, digital clock, and RasPiRobot complete with an ultrasonic rangefinder.
- Updated for Raspberry Pi 2
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects
Dr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. He spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. Dr. Monk has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens and is a full-time writer on hobby electronics and open source hardware. He is the author of numerous electronics books, including 30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius and Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius, as theyll as co-author of Practical Electronics for Inventors, Third Edition.
Note: As of Monday, September 28th, 2015 they are selling the second edition updated for the Raspberry Pi 2!
- Large Pi-based Thermometer and Clock
- Using an IR Remote with a Raspberry Pi Media Center
- Raspberry Pi as a Media Center
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 13. Power Control
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 12. Sensing Movement
- Using a Mini PAL/NTSC Display with a Raspberry Pi
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 11. DS18B20 Temperature Sensing
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 10. Stepper Motors
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 9. Controlling a DC Motor
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 8. Using a Servo Motor
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 7. Remote Control with VNC
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 6. Using SSH
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 5. Using a Console Cable
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 4. GPIO Setup
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 3. Network Setup
- Adafruit's Raspberry Pi Lesson 2. First Time Configuration
Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python