1. When was the Raspberry Pi 5 released?
- The Raspberry Pi 5 was published in September 2023.
2. What is the Raspberry Pi 5's processor and performance like?
- The Raspberry Pi 5 is equipped with a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz. This delivers a 2–3× increase in CPU performance compared to Raspberry Pi 4. It also boasts an 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU for enhanced graphics performance.
3. What are the display capabilities of the Raspberry Pi 5?
- It supports dual 4Kp60 display output over HDMI with HDR support, backed by a 4Kp60 HEVC decoder.
4. What is unique about the Raspberry Pi 5's design and construction?
- For the first time, this is a full-size Raspberry Pi computer using silicon built in-house at Raspberry Pi.
5. What are the I/O capabilities and peripheral support of the Raspberry Pi 5?
- The Raspberry Pi 5 has doubled aggregate USB bandwidth, faster SD card performance, and exposes a single-lane PCI Express 2.0 interface. It supports up to two cameras or displays with a bandwidth that's three times greater than earlier models.
6. What are the specifications of the Raspberry Pi 5?
- CPU: 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76
- GPU: VideoCore VII
- RAM: LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB variants available at launch)
- Connectivity: Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth 5.0/BLE
- Ports: microSD card slot, 2 × USB 3.0, 2 × USB 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet with PoE+ support
- Interface: PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
- Power: 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support
- Header: Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin
- Others: Real-time clock (RTC) with external battery, power button
7. What is the Raspberry Pi 5's expected production lifetime?
- The Raspberry Pi 5 is expected to remain in production until at least January 2035.
8. Where can I find a full list of product approvals for the Raspberry Pi 5?
- Visit pip.raspberrypi.com for a full list of local and regional product approvals.
9. What are the safety instructions associated with the Raspberry Pi 5?
- The device should be securely placed on a stable, non-conductive surface during use.
- Avoid exposing it to water, moisture, or excessive heat.
- Only connect compatible devices to the Raspberry Pi 5.
- Handle with care, especially when powered, to avoid damage.
10. What is the physical specification of the Raspberry Pi 5?
- The Raspberry Pi 5 has detailed dimensions provided in millimeters (mm). For accurate specifications, reference a physical board as some components might not be shown and dimensions may be subject to change.
11. What precautions should be taken when using the Raspberry Pi 5 in enclosures or cases?
- Ensure the Raspberry Pi 5 is operated in a well-ventilated environment. If used inside a case, the case should not be covered.