We're thrilled to announce that Little Bird is once again running a Raspberry Pi Workshop.
Besides the training, you also get to keep a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit!
The Raspberry Pi is a tiny $69 single board computer that was originally designed to teach computer science, but became a massive hit in the hobbyist scene with over 1.75 million sold!
When and Where:
Saturday the 10th of March 2018 from 10am - 4pm
Main Meeting Room at Hornsby Library
28-44 George St, Hornsby NSW 2077
About the Workshop:
Our Raspberry Pi Workshop is an all day class running from 10am - 4pm.
The workshop will be a no-fluff get-your-hands-dirty workshop experience with the Raspberry Pi!
Your instructors (Justin and Marcus) will be there to help with any of the questions you might have on Linux and the Pi itself. Here's what we will cover in the course:
- Setting up and operating the Raspberry Pi
- Understand the basics of the Linux OS used on the Pi
- Understand the basics of the GUI environment
- Program the Pi to access a network
- Program the Pi to play audio
- Program the Pi to control light emitting diodes (LEDs) attached to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to get feedback from a momentary switch connected to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to get the temperature from a sensor connected to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to detect room light from a photocell sensor connected to the GPIO pins
Yours to keep after class is a Pi “starter kit”. This includes the following items:
- Raspberry Pi3, Model B
- 16GB Flash SD Card
- Breadboard (a.k.a. protoboard)
- Raspberry Pi Breakout Board and cable (to attach a Pi to a breadboard)
- Collection of LEDs
- Temperature/humidity sensor
- Photocell sensor
- Momentary switch
- Collection of resistors
- Collection of connecting wires
Who can attend?
This class is designed for computing and software enthusiasts. If you've purchased from Little Bird before, you're almost certainly the right fit. You don't need to know how to program, but it will help. The workshop should equip you with the basics to start building projects based on Raspberry Pi.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.