A stylish, retro, and fun arcade cabinet for your Raspberry Pi.
The Picade comes in kit form for you to build at home. All parts, panels, and components are included - you just need to supply the Raspberry Pi! We highly recommend using a Raspberry Pi 2 as the extra processing power gives great performance in many emulators.
Unlike many cabinet kits our panels are powder-coated in black so the end result feels like a finished, quality product. The chassis makes a great sounding board for the included speakers, you can't fake that retro sound.
Picade is the ideal desktop arcade cabinet, you have to see it to believe it.
Total build time is around one hour and full instructions are available online. The only tools you'll need are a cross-head (pozi) screwdriver and a small flat-head for the Picade PCB screw terminals.
Please note: Raspberry Pi is not included. Picade is compatible with Raspberry 2, B+, and A+ - we recommend Raspberry Pi 2 since it's a lot more powerful!
What you'll receive in the Picade kit:
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels (swish!)
- Picade PCB (Arduino compatible with stereo 2.8W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- LCD panel mount with protective overlay
- 8" LCD panel and driver board
- Two speakers wire wires pre-soldered
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Attractive decals for the marquee and controls
- HDMI, audio, and USB cables
- A proper arcade stick
- Twelve micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
- An awesomely hackable product :-)
Picades fit neatly in boxes of four. You can order whichever number suits you, but multiples of four are likely to give you the best value in terms of shipping.