Great for including a colourful character display and button inputs on your Raspberry Pi based projects!
Includes a 16x3 character LCD display, 6-zone RGB LED backlight, bar graph, and six capacitive touch buttons all in one slim package.
It's ideal for controlling your internet radio or home automation projects.
- 16x3 character LCD display (full ASCII character set and eight custom glyphs)
- Fully controllable six zone RGB backlight
- Six bright white bar graph LEDs (individually dimmable)
- Six capacitive touch buttons
- Power, I2C, SPI, UART, PWM, and five GPIO pins broken out
- SN3218 LED matrix driver chip (drives the RGB backlight)
- Microchip CAP1166 capacitive touch driver chip
- Display-O-Tron HAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled (breakout pins require soldering)
Our Display-O-Tron Python library willÂ get you going in a jiffy, and makes controlling Display-O-Tron HAT really easy.
We've included examples showing you how to use the backlight, bar graph LEDs, and touch buttons, as well as more advanced examples showing you how to create menus, games and even an internet radio!
Our software does not support Raspbian Wheezy.
If you want to keep your Pi in a case, weÂ recommend the Pibow CoupÃ© case as it willÂ allow you to still useÂ the capacitive touch buttons.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Electronics Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.