The Little Bird Toucan is an smart RGB LED HAT designed for the Raspberry Pi!
Based on the APA102, the Toucan packs 8 super-bright LEDs.
Each of the LEDs are dimmable, and individually controllable (Raspberry Pi Rainbow LEDs anyone?)!
You can use the Toucan for creating Raspberry Pi LEDs status indicators, and they make a great Raspberry Pi Neopixel alternative!
Just like other Raspberry Pi RGB LEDs, you can create generate colourful gradients, pulsing effects or just flash them on and off like crazy.
Simply plug it atop the Pi, where it sits conveniently, and fire up the Python library to blast out some rainbows or flickering lights!
If you're looking for LEDs for Raspberry Pi, or controllable LED lights, the Toucan is for you!
Not only is low cost, but is made in Sydney, Australia!
- Eight APA102 RGB LEDs
- Individually controllable pixels
- Sits directly on top of your Pi in a tiny footprint
- Fits inside most Pi cases
- Doesn't interfere with PWM audio
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled
- 5V input voltage.
- APA102(datasheet) - LED
- Single Wire Serial
- 40 Pin header
- Dimensions: 9mm (width) x 65mm (height) x mm (depth)
- WARNING! These lights can be very bright.
- Be careful to plug in your Toucan the correct way round, it has curves on the top that match the corners of your Raspberry Pi
- The dimensions of Toucan are 65mm long x 8mm wide x 10mm thick (thickness includes header and pixels)
Little Bird Toucan 8 x APA102 RGB LED
We have 71 units in our Sydney Warehouse available for immediate dispatch.
|Raspberry Pi Model Compatibility|
|RP4||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B|
|RP3A+||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+|
|RP3B+||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+|
|RP3B||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B|
|RP2B||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 2 Model B|
|RP1B+||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+|
|RP1A+||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+|
|RP0W||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi Zero W|
|RP0||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi Zero|
|RPCM3+||Doesn't with Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+|