Raspberry Pi Workshops
Little Bird Electronics has been playing with Arduino and Raspberry Pi way before it was cool and now's your chance to skill up on these amazing STEM technologies with our one-day Arduino and Raspberry Pi workshops.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- We'll be focusing on getting started with the Raspberry Pi.
- Setting up and operating the Raspberry Pi
- Understand the basics of the Linux OS used on the Pi
- Understand the basics of the GUI environment
- Program the Pi to access a network
- Program the Pi to play audio
- Program the Pi to control light emitting diodes (LEDs) attached to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to get feedback from a momentary switch connected to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to get the temperature from a sensor connected to the GPIO pins
- Program the Pi to detect room light from a photocell sensor connected to the GPIO pins
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Anyone and everyone who has an interest in learning Raspberry Pi!
- We’ll be starting with the basics so we can achieve a good understanding of the Raspberry Pi and its operating system. You don’t need any previous programming or electronics experience to attend this workshop.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
Yours to keep after class is a Raspberry Pi Pi “STEM KIT”. This includes the following items:
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B, 8GB Flash SD Card, Breadboard (a.k.a. protoboard), Raspberry Pi Breakout Board and cable (to attach a Pi to a breadboard), Collection of LEDs, Temperature/humidity sensor, Photocell sensor, Momentary switch, Collection of resistors and a Collection of connecting wires
Our Raspberry Pi Workshops are held at our HQ:
Little Bird Company Pty Ltd
Unit 13, 8 Leighton Place
NSW 2077, Australia (Google Map)
You’ll need to bring a laptop for taking notes.
SAT March 18 2017
10am — 4pm
|Raspberry Pi Workshop Sydney||
Little Bird HQ