No longer being made! Get the last units!
If you *really* need one - shoot us an email at help @ littlebirdelectronics.com and we can get them in specially.
The Raspberry Pi Model B+ is an ARM-based PC the size of a credit card. Just add a keyboard, mouse, display, power supply, micro SD card with installed Linux Distribution and you'll have a fully fledged computer that can run applications from word processors and spreadsheets to games. There are also 2 enclosures available for the Model B - Black and Clear
As the Raspberry Pi Model B+ support HD video, you can even create a media centre with it. The Raspberry Pi Model B+ is the first Raspberry Pi to be open-source from the get-go, expect it to be the defacto embedded linux board in all the forums.
What's the same:
- Same Broadcom BCM2835 Chipset
- Same 512MB RAM
- Same full size HDMI port
- Same 10/100 Ethernet port
- Same CSI camera port and DSI display ports
- Same micro USB power supply connection
What has changed:
- Now comes with 4 USB ports so you can now connect more devices than ever to your Raspberry Pi.
- There is a 40pin extended GPIO so you can build even bigger and better projects than ever before. The first 26 pins are identical to the Model B to provide 100% backward compatibility for your projects.
- Micro SD slot instead of the full size SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- Advanced power management:
- You can now provide up to 1.2 AMP to the 4 USB ports – enabling you to connect more power hungry USB devices without needing an external USB hub. (This feature requires a 2Amp micro USB Power Supply)
- The B+ board now uses less power (600mA) than the Model B Board (750mA) when running
- Combined 4-pole jack for connecting your stereo audio out and composite video out
- The four mounting holes are now in a 58mm wide x 49mm high rectangular grid
- 3.5mm jack and the USB ports are flush with the board
Please note: The Raspberry Pi Model B+ is laid-out differently to the previous Raspberry Pis and existing enclosures and crusts (daughter boards) may not fit. Checkout the data sheet downloads below.
- Chip: Broadcom BCM2835 SoC
- Core Architecture: ARM11
- CPU: 700 MHz Low Power ARM1176JZFS Applications Processor
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- Memory: 512MB SDRAM
- Operating System: Boots from Micro SD card, running a version of the Linux operating system
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17mm
- Power: Micro USB socket 5V, 2A
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- USB: 4 x USB 2.0 Connector
- 40-pin 2.54 mm (100 mil) expansion header: 2x20 strip
- Providing 27 GPIO pins as well as +3.3 V, +5 V and GND supply lines
Camera Connector: 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2)
- JTAG: Not populated
- Display Connector: Display Serial Interface (DSI) 15 way flat flex cable connector with two data lanes and a clock lane
Memory Card Slot: SDIO